I usually don’t do the whole “New Year’s Resolution” thing because I know I will fail. This year I have several things that I hope to accomplish so I’m just going to list them and maybe that will become my resolution at some point.
1. Daily devotional time – I am really trying to be better about this now. It doesn’t take much time and my day is so much better when I can have a few quiet moments with God. I plan to use my “Through the Bible in One year.” I’ve had that bible for several years and still haven’t made it more than a few months.
2. Way less computer time – This is probably my worst struggle. I spend way to much time on the computer. My goal is to check email in the morning and then not get online or check email again until the boys go to bed. I need to be more present during the day instead of stuck behind a computer screen.
3. Read more – I have several books that I want to read but usually can’t find the time because of #2. I would also like to go back through some of my SS studies and use those for some of my devotionals.
4. Exercise/Running- I really want to make sure I do this 3/4 times a week. My plan is to do the couch to 5k treadmill version since it’s freezing outside and either add in some weights or do the 30 day shred video. I’m 3 weeks pp right now and plan on waiting a few more weeks until I am feeling a little better and start.
5. Cooking- I really don’t like to cook. I’m working on a master list of things we like for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. I’ve started making weekly menu plans but am thinking of doing monthly plans. I’m trying to incorporate a lot of crock pot meals into the planning to help me out.
I’m sure I’ll add to the list as I think of them but that’s it for now.